JOPPA, MD — The Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company is giving away free natural gas detectors Saturday morning at its main station.
After a house exploded in Edgewood in October 2021, gas detector company New Cosmos donated almost $25,000 worth of its Denova Direct gas alarms to the community. Home Kitchen Lpg Gas Detector Battery
As a result of the explosion that leveled a home on Thornberry Drive, the homeowner suffered second- and third-degree burns in addition to traumatic injuries, according to the Office of the State Fire Marshal. Nearby homes also sustained damage. Investigators said natural gas had filled the home after the owner improperly disconnected a gas range, and the explosion occurred when he lit a candle.
Natural gas detectors will be given away on a first-come, first-served basis at the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company, 1403 Old Mountain Road South. The giveaway is slated for 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 21.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.
Eto Portable Single Gas Detector To request removal of your name from an arrest report, submit these required items to email@example.com.